The Drossman Center for the Education and Practice of Biopsychosocial Care (DrossmanCare) is focused on improving healthcare by improving doctor-patient communications. Improving these communications is shown to improve healthcare outcomes for both patient and doctor. With the DrossmanCare training, doctors, physician assistants, and nurses can learn how to communicate with patients for maximum benefit, increasing the satisfaction and outcomes of all parties.
DrossmanCare was founded by Dr. Doug Drossman, a world-renowned expert in medicine and psychiatry, who is sought after both for his specialist expertise in gastroenterology (specifically functional GI) and his ability to communicate with and teach communication with patients.
- New gastroenterology website points to patient-centered philosophy March 2013
- Turning Attention to Returning Vets During IBS Awareness Month March 2013
- Where in the World is Dr. Drossman? May 2013
- The most fascinating part of clinical care June 2013
- Patient-Centric Communications Skills Vital to Effective Doctor-Patient Relationships June 2013